NH Eats Local Month
August 1st-31st, 2020
Each August, over 100 partners throughout the state join together to highlight New Hampshire produced foods, celebrate the power of food to bring us together, and encourage others to purchase and eat local foods. NH Eats Local Month is a month-long celebration of local food in our state, and the hard working NH farmers, fishers, and food businesses that provide for us all year long.
Join the festivities and become a partner for NH Eats Local Month! Partners are listed on our website and are simply asked to help us celebrate in August by sharing our resources, social media posts, and other tools to get people excited about local foods. We hope the broader NH Eats Local campaign, and NH Eats Local Month, can help partners spread their mission and goals to more Granite Staters.
We can’t wait to start the festivities! Check back soon for more information and resources.
2020 Partner Invitation
It’s time to start planning this year’s NH Eats Local Month, a month-long campaign in August that celebrates local food and farming in the Granite State. This year, we’re looking to harness the increased interest in local food because of the public health crisis caused by COVID-19. To accomplish this, we’ve created a year-round campaign to complement NH Eats Local Month, called NH Eats Local. Although these are challenging times, we hope to capture this increased demand and use it to create momentum for a local food movement. Will you join us?
The NH Food Alliance is collaborating with partners across the state, like the UNH Sustainability Institute, NH Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food, Seacoast Eat Local, Monadnock Food Co-op, NH Farm Bureau, the Greater Nashua Food Council and hopefully you to amplify the “Eat Local” message and empower us to celebrate the bounty of NH food. We’re looking for partners to spread the word and energize their communities to eat local – we need your help! Our partners are vital in our efforts to get more people interested in purchasing and eating local food.
We ask partners to:
- Endorse NH Eats Local Month by sharing their business/organization’s name and website URL with us to publish on our website.
- Provide links to any events or promotions that they are organizing.
- Spread the word by sharing social media posts, adding a link to nheatslocal.org on their own website and finding other creative ways to engage their network in NH Eats Local Month.
Partners will receive:
- A listing on the NH Eats Local website
- Ideas on how to celebrate NH Farms & Local Food all month long.
- Event marketing templates — such as a press release, social media posts and support to create targeted messages.
- The opportunity to be featured on the NH Eats Local Month website by filling out our brief “Share Your Story” form.
How do you sign on as a partner? Send us an email with an “I’m in!” and we’ll add you to our list — it’s that easy! As always, there’s no cost to you to participate as a partner. All partners will receive email notifications about important NH Eats Local Month updates. Thank you for your support of NH Eats Local Month!